I wanted to add some pop to my front door so today we painted the address onto it and I am so happy with the way it turned out! I know I said we would follow the post I did on painting my front door with this tutorial a while back, but life happens and here we are two months later just getting around to it. Anyway, such is life. I have looked at vinyl letters on Etsy and thought about ordering some for my door, but with a price tag of $20 or more plus shipping we decided to attempt it ourselves. It was surprisingly quick and easy and only cost of $4. Below I will walk you through 5 easy steps to getting the same look for your home.
1. To start, print out your address on a piece of paper using a font and letter size of choice.
2. Trim around the address and flip the paper over and using a piece of chalk, rub the back of the paper until thoroughly coated in chalk dust. I used white chalk because I have a dark door, but you will need colored chalk if your door is a light color.
3. Finally, tape the paper into position on the door, making sure it is level, and use a pencil to trace over the letters/numbers on the front side of the paper (the chalk side pressed against the door). Press firmly.
4. When you remove the paper there should be an outline for you to follow and trace with a paint pen.
5. Once the first coat was dry, we went over the letters with a second coat.
And done!! Super easy and it turned out great.